View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

1) Yes, even at 99 minutes, the auto-import is triggered before the previous one has finished (as i mentioned, it takes 2-3 hours sometimes

2) Jeff W: can you tell me more about the multiple-XP-user-accounts option? I've never really understood the user account thing, nor how I would take advantage of it to mine a lot.

3) Supa: about auto-moving the HHF files...I don't think that's necessary: let me explain. Nor, by the way, do I think this requires a choice between Real McCoy's two options...I think the ideal program is one that looks and acts just like PartyMine, except can recognize multiple instances of the Party client. I use my copy/paste workaround because I have found that with the number of tables I have open (80 or so), the auto-import process can't run smoothly. But for others who only want to mine 30 or 40 and whose autoimport process runs just fine, well then nothing needs to be moved, right? Now, the reason that even high-vol miners like me don't need anything moved automatically is because of how the HHF files are spawned and edited.

For example, if table XYZ is opened by your mining program when it has 9+ players, then XYZ.hhf is spawned in the party parent directory. If the # of players drops to less than 9 and table XYZ is closed, the HHF file does not disappear. It stays until the client is closed. Now, if the # of players then INCREASES back above 9+ and XYZ is RE-opened, then Party does not spawn a NEW XYZ.hhf, but rather just adds text to the XYZ.hhf that it created the FIRST time that table was opened. Anyway, this means that Party never creates more than 80 or 100 hhf files, even if tables are closed and re-opened.

Actually, I have no idea what the above paragraph has to do with anything, but the take home message is that I just don't see the point of having an auto-move feature...it takes about 30 seconds for me to do, and I actually like having that level of physical control over my HHF files to trouble-shoot, etc.

Like other posters have said, just get basic functionality operable, let me and a few other beta testers loose on it, and we'll go from there.

4) more name suggestions: TeddyMine, MetaMiner << pick this one, MegaMiner, GigaMine, TeraMine, InfiniMine.