View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Curtains, day two: Hand #4

Of course this hand is total crap. I felt like I had the best hand on the flop, but didn't really feel like getting majorly involved, so kind of half hearted it by calling. On the turn....same deal. Im basically just hoping they will stop betting at some point and that I win a small pot.

Other methods of playing are to check raise the flop and hope for a fold. Also you could call and do the same thing to the small turn bet. Meanwhile you could simply fold the flop. I often just fold in such spots, but he made what was a lazy bet to me...it just felt like he had nothing. If he had nothing, you may ask why I didn't raise...and I dunno [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway this hand is obvious crap by me. The key is to at least make your crap hands be hands in which you lose a very small amount with a weakish hand. I mean I lose some EV playing this way in this particular hand, but its minimal.

Anyway I don't really know what to do in these spots....I think a flop raise to 130 is quite justified.