View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Best Video Game 1988-1994 Round 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FF6 losing (and by such a large margin) indicates to me that people simply haven't played it. There is no way that people who have played both games to end could even possibly have 20% that say SMB3. I think SMB3 is a top 10 game all time, but the ONLY thing it edges FF6 in is revolutionary stuff.

FF6 had better plot, music, theme, etc. SMB3 was "revolutionary"....then again so was FF6.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. you are trying to compare plot.. as if the plot means a damn thing in Mario 3 / any platformer game? In that case, RPGs should sweep every match I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Length or complexity does not a good story or plot make. RPG's would definitely not have the lock on good stories. Just long and complex ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg is correct. I'll indicate this in future threads with a BIC. However, I think that the size of the story's vehicle can help good stories play out to their fullest, and thus be their best. I think it's easier for a great story to come to fruition in an 800 page book than in the confines of a 2 hour movie, and moreso in an 80 hour game.