Thread: JTo.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: JTo.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have a good draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't have a very good hand. Is MPJK a strong enough hand to need to protect in a $9 limped pot?

[ QUOTE ]
If you get checkraised on the flop your hand is no good and you've given up very little equity by folding your draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but if I get check-raised by, lets say, a set of Nines or something, I've given up my free card and draw. If I made my straight on the turn and potted it, I do not see the set of 9s folding.

[ QUOTE ]
A nine has five outs against you. Any ace, any king, any eight have three outs against you. Any pocket pair has two outs against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kings and Eights don't have any outs against me, redraws perhaps, but not direct hits. They make my straight. All of these outs against me I am not concerned with as I do not have a worthy hand of calling bets or making raises with. It's just MP with a Jack kicker.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you feel when the limper spikes a set of fours on the turn and bets into you?

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone pots it to me on a 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn, I fold it and give them credit for a better hand than MP. I won't be getting into trouble with this hand, which is why I have no quarrels with checking behind.

[ QUOTE ]
You're not folding second pair there after no flop action.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they pot it, or near pot it, yeah, I usually do.

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, tons of players will call on the flop with a naked jack. You are on a huge freeroll against them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty good point.