View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: If a book on SnG\'s came out, wouldn\'t they die?

good thread!

i have to disagree that HoH volume 1 would be excellent for SNG's. i know harrington throws some SNG type problems in there. but i'm not sure he's actually playing in too many of these actual events that we all play.

the big thing about SNG's is that the blinds get up on you really, really fast unless you double or triple up in first few rounds (and that is very "good card"-dependent). it seems like in SNG's you are almost always under some kind of pressure from blinds.

and even though i love harrington's books, i think they jump from pretty deep stacks to heads-up unbelievably quickly. i didn't think this and i started thinking it and i checked the table of contents and it's totally true. his zones are great ideas, but i think i need more guidance as to what to do in the medium zones (basically, i guess i'm saying SNG's are mostly medium zone play).

and i'd like to see more differentiation between heads up vs. 4 player vs. 6 player, because short-handed is where much of the $$$$$ is in SNG's.

and HoH pretty much assumes your opposition is good like at WSOP. we need miller or harrington to tell us how to beat the terrible SNG's most efficiently (don't get me wrong, i'm doing it already, but i'd like to maximize profits)