View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Best Video Game 1988-1994 Round 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
splashpot, i totally agree. While SMB3 is an excellent game, FFVI is the the best RPG ever made (I'll accept arguments for FFVII). The best gameplay, amazing story, amazing side quests. It just didn't get any better than this game. How dare it lose so badly to a decent side scroller.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you tried FF5? it has the job setup like FFT, but in an rpg, good times.

In the end, nostalgia over a mainstream game beats nostalgia over a classic rpg, it makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

FFV was fun.

FFVI was great.

FFVII was good.

FFVIII was awesome.

FFIX was sweet.

FFX is the best.

FFX-2 isn't bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh, wrong answer

FFI was ..groundbreaking but I cant play through it for the life of me,

FFV is schockingly good

FFVI is a masterpiece

FF7 is the best

FFVIII just wasnt VII no matter how hard it tried

FFIX was a joke

FFX was corny but decent, a lil too easy to beat

FFX-2 is the beginning of the end for final fantasy... you [censored] change their dresses for gods sake, and the way you progressed in the story felt archaic, not to mention the first video was an anime music video.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I agree with everything in this post. Nothing to add.

Edit: I'll add that it is truly over... and it makes me very sad. Hironobu Sakaguchi (main man behind every previous game) and Nobuo Uematsu (musical genius, as important to the FF games as anyone else) have left SquareEnix. The one ray of light, Yasumi Matsuno (the guy behind FF Tactics and Vagrant Story) apparently had a nervous breakdown while working on FFXII last I heard, and now that game is in limbo. It was a mighty run, I don't think it will ever be the same again.