View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: something I\'ve been doing lately.

of course I doubt those stats are for 4-handed...they are probably mostly for 6-handed on most sites where you have played against him.

(yet again...I implore p-tracker to allow us to see these stats more easily...I want to have those heads-up hands against an opponent filtered out of the stats when I am now facing him 6-handed)

33% isn't a huge ATSB.
JTo has crappy showdown value.

This is a bad reversed implied-odds situation. If you miss your pair it's likely you're behind.
If you hit your pair then you are more likely to be dominated than to have him dominated.

JTo is just not a good heads-up hand and I fold to a raise.

Your general argument about cold-calling in the SB to a steal is one that I have played with before with certain hands. Entity (I think) told me that it's still going to be better to try to 3-bet the BB out of the hand OR have him stay in with a likely worse holding.
I have come to the conclusion that others probably know a bit more of what they'r talking about in this area and have stopped doing the cold-call thing.

I've also dropped about a zillion BB's the past few weeks...your results may vary.