View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Intellectual Honesty

[ QUOTE ]
A belief is something about which you are certain, therefore if someone disagrees with you they are necessarially against you (see NotReady's opinion of Atheists in the "A question for Atheists and Chrisitans" thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

And the logical error ( and one reason NR appears so illogical) in such a view is the 'excluded middle". Setting up every situation as black-white, and framing it in "you're either for me or against me" is false in the huge majority of anything but the simplist of situations and sometimes even in those.

If I were NR's campaign manager I'd tell him to stop representing himself as god's spokesman on earth and face up to what atheists have been telling him in various ways .. any hostility is toward some misguided human endeavor, often done in the name of god. It's a personal psyche defense mechanism to pretend the hostility someone like NR may feel in interaction with atheists is actually directed at god... nope, it's usually directed right at the person or certainly some specific social setting the person is selling in gods name.