View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: A question for Christians AND atheists

I'm going to make fun of you before one of the Christians gets the chance:

[ QUOTE ]

1. No evidence, whatsoever, of a god. Even if I (or anyone else, for that matter) could not disprove certain instances of paranormal occurrences, this did not mean that there had to be a god

[/ QUOTE ]

That would actually be a relatively good argument for God.

[ QUOTE ]
Occum's razer

[/ QUOTE ]

*SMACK*

[ QUOTE ]
Which of the two is more simple. A) The the Universe began and life evolved off of matter and energy behaving in their natural states; or B) a super powerful and invisible being exists beyond the physical world, who can foresee how everything will occur down to the atomic level, and so on and so forth

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an easier time grasping the ideas in Genesis than I do the physics of the creation of the Universe. God's motives don't make much sense to me, but still...

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, I have an extreme distaste for religion people who only want your money. How many of you have gone to any church where they didn't want your money? I bet not a single person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. I used to go to a Greek Orthodox mission church that was owned by a priest, who also worked at Covenant House, a charitable organization in Atlantic City. He refused most donations, and what few donations he accepted went into the thrift shop that was annexed to the church so he could get more supplies for the poor.

Don't make the rest of us atheists look bad.