View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: A question for Christians AND atheists

[ QUOTE ]
Atheists: (if you were non-atheist at an earlier point) What caused you to believe what you believe about theology?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was raised Catholic, I stopped believing in that garbage in college. I stopped believing for two reasons:

1. No evidence, whatsoever, of a god. Even if I (or anyone else, for that matter) could not disprove certain instances of paranormal occurrences, this did not mean that there had to be a god, this leads into No. 2...

2. Occum's razer - the simplest explanation is usually the the correct one. Which of the two is more simple. A) The the Universe began and life evolved off of matter and energy behaving in their natural states; or B) a super powerful and invisible being exists beyond the physical world, who can foresee how everything will occur down to the atomic level, and so on and so forth...I choose A

In addition, I have an extreme distaste for religion people who only want your money. How many of you have gone to any church where they didn't want your money? I bet not a single person.