View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Texas Holdem Hand

[ QUOTE ]
i get the feeling aggro=BB but i'm not sure

[/ QUOTE ]

i can almost guarantee you that bb=thinking solid 19/10 otherwise there wouldn't be a problem...

as to the hand, AQ is the only hand you beat, but you definately have the button beat. ive folded a set to this action 2 times that i can remember but the guys stats were like 15/9/1 and 17/10/1...

here i think is a fold not because of what the bb has, but what the button's most likely hand is (KT) but lets look at some bb vs. stevieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee math

AQ=9
AA=6
QQ=6
JJ=6

your odds=18:2 immediate, 21:3 efffective assuming button doesn't do anything else but go to a showdown right now. so we're looking at 7:1...its 2:1 you're ahead of button using straight math, if bb only raises AQs here instead of AQ its still just 4.5:1 and looks like its a call down.

the problem here is a few things can happen (besides of course the 1/44 event we'd all love to ocurr)
1)the button has both of you drawing right now

1a) you get there (J pairs) and you have to call again

1b) you dont get there and its ANOTHER 2 bets to you

2) button caps and you get 20:4 immediate on the turn and its another bet or 2 to you on river so 22:5 at the best case scenario after a cap (which is very unlikely to happen)

3) you fold the best hand (which has 2 ways of looking at its costs...the difference between your would have been win and the expectation you had given your estimates of odds...and your true odds*potsize - your effective odds*potsize where true odds is the actual known distribution of each player's hand at the moment you have to call- which cannot be truly known)

given all this, i an argument can be made for calling the bb...but the button can still cap and personally i think button has you drawing to unknown cards... id fold here in real time assuming 19/10 is bb and button is 28/15

Barron