View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Is any one tight agressive and a long term winner?

[ QUOTE ]
You are obsessed with changing gears. I remember your other post and you were obsessed then too. Trust me when I say at small stakes you dont need to change gears as often as you think. And when I change gears I have a reason too, I dont do it just because the clocks says it is time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is addressed to me, you are only partially correct. I tend to think a weaktight player is playing back when I'm being LAG, and most cases I have realized that this type of play is not warranted.

However, when I open my raising range pre or post flop when I've been playing TAG it's with due reason. This is because for instace over the last 3 or 4 hands I've played, a thinking lag behind me has called my flop bet when small cards flop and raised every time I've checked the turn.
This has me realize that I've been playing too tight and continue betting too much. Simple solution; change gears. Raise more SC's or check more flops, or make a flop bet and checkraise the turn with a good hand. That doesn't mean play lag, just that he's picked up the "mechanical" play I've been following.

Another example, a near maniac (only difference was he had some logic to his play, and would recognize what different player playing back meant and fold accordingly) was behind me at my table last nihgt. I was playing very tight. He'd rase from anywhere to a minraise to $20 bucks. I raise his button nce with a decent hand, he pumps it to 20, I fold. I do it again JJ, he pumps it up and I push. He folds and no longer reraised me preflop for the next hour of the session. He was calling all my raises and firing at large bets at small flops, check folding big ones. I raise PF with 45s (He calls instead of raises me now). He fires 20 in a $15 pot, I've paired my 5. I call and bet 1/2 pot when he checks the turn. He folds, I show and he curses at me. Next time he calls down when I do the same with AA.

As for being small stakes, I'm at 6max 100NL, so pretty soon it won't be small stakes and even now, I feel people pay more attention than this forum gives credit for.