Thread: JJ
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: JJ

[ QUOTE ]
you're hand is very vulnerable to UTG's holdings, any A or Q and you're definately toast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guys! UTG is a 55/12. He's raising A LOT more hands than just cards above a Ten.

[ QUOTE ]
I think its very clear raise or fold on that flop. Theres a good chance that UTG is just donk betting.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if I raise I get 3-bet by a better hand, get called by marginal hands whose equity is probably very close to mine or fold out the worst hands that were just taking a shot but, may have continued putting in money with the worst hand on either the turn or river. If I do get 3-bet I probably call that bet and then fold the turn unless I catch one of my two outs - which by the way, might make me second best on that board. Of course anytime I fold to the UTG Villian there's a reasonable chance that I'm folding the best hand as he's certainly capable of bluff/semi-bluff 3-betting the flop and continuing on the turn. I would consider a raise if I thought I had a chance of folding out MP3 - but I just didn't see that happening. If MP3 can cold-call 3 PF - he's going to call 2 on a drawish flop.

I think raising is the worst of the 3 options.

[ QUOTE ]
I think with a raise we put the preassure on him and represent a K. It doesnt matter if MP calls or not, hopefully he'll fold, but if he doesnt theres still a good chance you can get a free turn if you want it because MP doesnt seem that aggresive.

[/ QUOTE ]
These players are not giving thought to my hand so attempting to "represent" something to them is a pretty worthless ploy IMO. You suggest that I raise in hopes that he'll fold. What hands do I want him to fold here? Why would I take a free turn card if I got it?