View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: I\'m moving down (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you care that people care.

Variance is a hard thing to deal with, and it makes people tilt. Knowing other experience similair downswings helps.

Also, there is no variance measure stickied for NL. I know what constitutes a big downswing for limit or SnGs, but not NL. At my low point I was down 6 buy-ins my first week after quiting my job and going pro. That isn't easy to swallow. If I didn't realize it wasn't so uncommon it would have really got to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have gone through similar swings in 200 in begining. i found out that your post game is the cause of 95% of all this. playing KJ/AJ/SUITED connectors/1 gappers are the other 5%. my advice is to play with a bigger bankroll. u said u lost 10 buyins and then moved down. so u had about 18 buyins in 200nl to start with. all though thats technically fine. i suggest you play with a 50buyin + bankroll. you can play much more comfortably and optimally. thinking about the money sucks. also when i run bad in a game i switch to something else. then when i come back i find that i got much better. i personally switch between sngs/cash. i first reached 100nl in cash then switch to sngs and reached 55's then i went back to cash and reached 400nl, now im back in sngs hoping to reach the 215's. peeeeeez. bigger roll = more confidence.