View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Harold Pinter on U.S. Foreign Policy and Iraq

[ QUOTE ]
Your whole post

[/ QUOTE ]

Soft bellied people, purely by definition, do not fight hard. You would have been better to argue that liberals cannot be automatically assumed as "soft-bellied", which is clearly evident by some of our decorated veterans serving as liberal politicians.

But instead, throughout your whole post you make idiotic historical transpositions across 70 to 80 years that clearly do not apply in any modern sense of the word "liberal" or "conservative", nor "Republican" or "Democratic". You do realize that Lincoln (Republican) is actually the creator of what Eisenhower (Republican) coined as our military-industrial complex? Seems like if I want to be that brief, I can simply chalk our military might up to Republicans, (this is completely ignoring Reagan as well).

You obviously credit our military might and our victory in World War 2 to FDR and "liberals", but I wonder, do you credit the winning of the Cold War to Reagan and "conservatives"? By your uncomplicated calculation then clearly Reagan won the Cold War, and therefore contradicts your later statement where "liberals dictated our foreign policy in the Cold War, dragging conservatives through it kicking and screaming"

[ QUOTE ]
They won the second World War,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we would all like to see you elaborate on this statement and actually qualify the term "they."