View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Another SS post....Micro views rock!

m-kay. Thanks for sharing that.

---

OP - This is a somewhat speculative hand that *really* benefits from table reads. Assuming good table selection, yadda, yadda, yadda...

3 limpers makes this a pretty good hand to play. This is a PFR for me as I don't really want any new customers; I'm happy with getting position on the ones I have. If you're perceived as a better player than the SB, you may not get the 3-bet BS and in any case, you've advertised some strength that may collar the LRR if you flop a draw.

As it played out, I think the LRR is intended to isolate SB with position as much as it is to value bet and as such, I don't think his 3-betting range needs to be anywhere near as tight as AA-QQ/AKs. I see this in Micros from PPs as weak as 77 and with the right reads, I think this may be correct if you think you can fold tighter players behind you.

SB flop bet looks like a donk bet into the raiser to figure out if he's got a PP or overs. Probably 88ish; I can't see an overpair slowing down. Suited overcards might donk this under the assumption that LRR missed the flop, but that's pretty speculative. UTG+1 flop bet looks like continued isolation, but he could very well be in the lead. I agree with the call, but I think this would be easier had we raised pre-flop.

Turn: picked up the OESD for 8 clean outs + our tainted/dominated pair outs. Clear call.

River: call/fold. Since SB went passive on the flop, I don't expect him to wake up on the river and too often in Micros, these hands are just folded around on the river to the aggressor when they don't improve.