View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Just in Case...

<font color="blue">So -- all you non-believers: If we switch brains which man is which? Because one is on death-row and to be executed tomorrow and the other is a free man. So which one dies? </font>

To a logical thinking atheist, the answer is simple. The person who's brain is in the executed body dies. See how easy it was for me to answer this question?

Of course, no one knows exactly what a soul is, or what happens to it when a body dies, or a brain gets transplanted, etc. Therefore the question *seems* like a trap. But if you believe in souls, then this question MUST be thought about! Wouldn't you at least agree with that?

The reason I posted this in the first place, was because of a side topic that had come up in another thread. Someone asked, the difference between someone unborn and someone dead. Are they in equal states of non-existence? To me, the answer is yes. But a Christian might -- In fact, he SHOULD -- arrive at a different answer. So my question wasn't meant to be a trap. I simply tried to form the question in such a way that might provide insight into the thinking behind their answer. To expose the rationale. I'm not sure why you have such a problem with that. I easily answered your question above and would be more than happy to provide the rationale for my answer.