View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Just in Case...

[ QUOTE ]
I find it most interesting that the most insulting posts come from the "rational" scientific posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably because it's easy for the atheists to insult the intelligence of the believers, but not vice-versa. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Nah... I'm sure being a good Christian witness has something to do with it.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the core problem with Lestat's "question"? Well, because it can't be answered in a one-answer-is-right fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most questions would fall into this category. I see nothing wrong with this.

[ QUOTE ]
I've never really thought about the question myself until this thread so I never looked into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, maybe instead of bashing Lestat because he asked a question you've never thought about, you should think about the question so that you might present a good response. "I don't know" is always valid, and atheists use it all the time. The key is thinking about it, rather than dismissing it and berrating the questioner instead.

[ QUOTE ]
So -- all you non-believers: If we switch brains which man is which? Because one is on death-row and to be executed tomorrow and the other is a free man. So which one dies?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the personhood is equal to or completely contingent upon the functioning brain. Move the brain, you move the person. Destroy the brain, you destroy the person. However, we tend to give people ownership of their own bodies. So, unless the person freely gave up his own body, then that body that now has the criminal's brain, belongs to the non-criminal, and should not be destroyed.