Thread: Tricky KJs hand
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Tricky KJs hand

PREFLOP: Yes you should raise it here, your hand is too strong not to, you have an equity edge and you must push it by raising. As far as when you should raise KJs in the CO, if you raised in the CO every time without thinking no matter how many limpers there are, this would be pretty close to optimal play.

FLOP: If you had raised preflop, Then I like your flop play. Since the pot will be bigger, the reward of getting a free card on the turn is worth the risk of getting 3 bet. Given that you didnt raise preflop, I dont like your flop raise, with a smaller pot, I would just call. The risk reward ratio is now not worth it IMO. However if you had a read that the flop bettor was passive then once again I would raise this flop.

TURN: Since you have likely taken the lead over the villains hand and you still have outs in case youre trailing, I Like your turn raise here. This is good aggressive poker IMO.

RIVER: The only hand that beats you is QT, which the villain probably wouldve bet the river. Since the villain checked, I think betting here looks right. Nice value bet.