View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I got the hand wrong then! I would loose 2 BB to bike here most of the time as well I guess.
Any hand I hold that can call him on this board would be a raise and he would own me.
These are the hands I would hold (AA-77 AJ, A9, Flush) that could call. Please illustrate the hands BK would play so passively to the river which beat the above holdings.
I am trying to learn.
Ty Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get what you are saying. She doesnt have those hands, she has A5 and she raised. My point is, even if she thinks she is good say 2 out of 3 times, it still doesnt make sense to raise for value since there just are not very many worse hands BK can have that he can call the river raise with. When he can call the second raise, or if he can three bet and she decides to pay off, she loses another bet or two. You are ignoring the fact that 33 and 44 are pretty much the only hands he can have that will call her raise, and they are unlikely because they arnt normally in BKs range from UTG+1.

I think she was trying to get him to lay down a better hand. Its not impossible at all that she was raising for value, but if she was it was dumb, and she just got lucky he happened to have one of the few hands he could call with.