View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Back to poker... I still suck

I'm new to this posting stuff so don't get all huffy puffy if I make the wrong decision. It is just what I would do.

Hand 1: I think you made the right decision. Given that the Ace flush came on the river, call it through and see what happens at the showdown. You were also on a straight draw so seeing the turn and the river were good plays.

Hand 2: Tough situation with trip 5's on the board. When the 3rd 5 came giving you the full house, now you have to worry about AA or KK. I think it's one of those times you have to gamble and see what happens. You definitely have a hand for the showdown.

Hand 3: For me, a raise before me when I'm holding Q4s, I would probably fold. The suitedness with a small kicker doesn't give me enough confidence that I'll randomly hit something. I think this is one of those times when you almost hit the straight based on luck of the cards. Probably best to fold.

Hand 4: You have middle pair, with a strong kicker. Good job with the bet. Everyone was showing weakness, so you made the best play. I don't know why you folded here when a 4 came out. If BB made two pair, he probably got lucky here. I would have probably called his raise and waited for the river to fold if need be.