Thread: AQs..
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: AQs..

Preflop: Fine.

Flop: So basically you have 6 outs where you are definitely going all the way with the hand (3 Q's and 3 A's), and there are 10 other cards you want to see (any of the clubs, even the 7c). Now, when you hit one of those 10 outs, you have to see the river, so you are going to have to put in probably 1.5BB to see the river in these instances. There's 5.25BB in preflop, and he bet 0.5BB, so you are getting over 10:1 on your money, but really less than that because even when you do hit one of your 10 outs, you will have to probably call another bet. The 6 other outs gets you there with pot odds. In other wrods, I think calling is fine.

Turn: Ok so you hit one of those 10 outs. now you have 12 almost clean outs (any club or the other three jacks). You also might have another 3-6 outs with your Ace or your Q. Let's call it 12 outs overall (because maybe he's got that boat). I think check/calling is fine, but I also like the idea of leading out here. If he was on a mid pair or a high ace like you (AQ or AJs), this was not a card he wanted to see. Depending on his post flop aggression, this is either a check call or a bet. Without knowing villains aggression factor, I think I'm leaning towards the way you played it.

BTW, if you do hit a club or jack, and bet, and he raises, do you pop him back or just flat call