View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:55 AM

Default How horrible is folding second nut flush draw? (fairly LC)

This is only my third hand on the table and more importantly I havent played at Party in over 3 months. I have spent all that time clearing up bonuses at sites like TGC, Crypto, Absolute, etc. and honestly those sites are all full of ROCKS, so I am not really quite ready for the Party 4 cold callers preflop and guys reraising the turn with bottom pair type of play that seems so common.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Egad! I didnt just fold this did I?? It just seems wrong on so many levels, see what these tight sites have done to me. A flop reraise on Poker Plex and I can see folding this as a reraise there from a limper, will 99.9% of the time also has have a flashing NUTS sign above the player. But this is Party, so really how horrible is this play and is there ever a reason to fold this without a read?