View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Two Turn Checks vs. NemesisXX

[ QUOTE ]
Postflop read is overaggro and pays off way too often. Grossly overplays TP/overpairs and bluffs a lot even in spots that look obvious (ie induced bluffs). Commonly 3-bets turn with A-high or a draw. Also calls rivers with A-high or worse in many spots where opponent clearly can't be bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't check a real hand on the turn on an 8 high board heads up against a player fitting this description in a million years. In my opinion she will find a reason to call even if she has nothing. Of course you will take it down and win nothing sometimes, but she will also spew with or without an actual hand sometimes. Giving yourself the chance to win a bunch of chips by betting the turn seems worth the risk of making her fold.

I like hand 2. It is pretty clear that Nemesis has nothing when she checks the turn and that MP has either a little or a lot except for the few times that he turned a better Queen. I think it is good to give him the chance to bet. Raising the river is best I think because MP can't really call and Nemesis has you beat almost never.

Where is my thinking wrong about Hand 1?

Thanks,
Cartman