Thread: Q8s to a raise
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Q8s to a raise

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Villian is semi-loose aggressive, 20.8 vpip, agro 3.4 over about 100 hands.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button (Villian)/ raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Late position at a loose table with one limper is this a hand worth raising with? My aggro is only about 1.2 and I'm looking for situations to increase it. Villians range of hands for a pfr is probably 99 and up, my original thought is a big ace. I figure my hand is too good to fold to one bet since I'm already in the pot.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop is ragged enough that I think my overcard may be good. Also, my understanding is that it is almost never correct to fold to a bet on the flop in a raised pot.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, Hero calls.

Picked up the flush draw, easy call?

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Yes, I was going to C/R, although he probably would have called a bet. Caught some greif on this hand afterwards and thought my reasoning was good. Was it?