View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Hand 4

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead this flop rather than check-raise. Don't really want to see a free card come off and be a T, J, or Q. Since you know reliably that he will bet, I'll admit laying in the weeds is a decent play, but ideally you want to catch a low on the turn and then push him off a likely better high, like an overpair. I'd probably check-call if I were taking that line rather than chk-raise, because there are many hands here that have you in real bad shape; making the low or catching trips/2nd pair would before getting more active would be a safer play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with everything that you say. But I had been waiting to check-raise this guy for a long time. This looked like a good opportunity to do it.
[ QUOTE ]
In general I think your play on these 4 hands is very good. PLO8 rewards aggression like you are showing; I'm sure you've already noticed that you get paid off by some pretty ridiculous hands after displaying a willingness to let chips fly on these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, my opponent's hands have been pretty ridiculous in the hands that I posted.