View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Deep in a Party $109, blind defense vs big stack?

I think you are too deep for this push.

76s is only better than ATs against a very very specific range (i.e. TT+, AJ+), and even then it is close.

with over 20xBB, and no antes, I think the scale shifts more to the negative implied odds of this hand being too large too push, and you arent really getting great pot odds to call this OOP.

I'm sure there is a right way to play this hand. I dont think pushing is the way too go. I think a call is borderline, and given the fact that survival has pretty significant value here, I will chose..fold!

Getting to <15 players at a party MTT with stacks this deep, I am leaning towards going into more of a SNG mode unless I see a situation to exploit. I think you are giving up a lot of $$ by not tightening up here, and using some well timed open-pushing at the final table.

In my view play usually tightens up pre final table, then loosens again until 7 or less remain. I am only planning to play premium-hands and blind steals unless someone gets really out of line. No need to take huge risks here. Doubling your chips gains you a lot less than double your equity here IMO.