View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Opinions on Green Plastic\'s Site?

I joined cardrunners about a month ago as i was making a switch from sitngo's to the cash games. Overall, I really enjoy the videos as they give valuable insight to those individuals who are first starting to play the cash games at stakes $5/$10 and below, or those players who are looking to improve their performance at stakes $5/$10 or below. I cannot comment whether or not the site will help improve your game if you play higher than $5/$10 as i do not play that high. I'll let someone else comment there.

This is the "High Stakes" NL Forum, and most individuals here are playing $5/$10 and higher, and therefore wouldn't get as much out of the site as individuals who play the lower stakes cash games. For someone just learning the game, i think this site is a must in addition to reading the Theory of Poker and Super System.

I agree with one of the previous posters who commented that the true value of the videos is the audio commentary from the pros. They play a LAG strategy, and you get to listen to them go through their thought process on each hand as it's played.

The cash game videos are primarily 20-30 minutes in length, however there are a few longer ones. GP's last video is 90 minutes long and it shows him 2 tabling a cash game and a $200 sitngo. They add new videos on a consistent basis, and are very receptive to new ideas and ways to improve their site.

Overall, if your playing at stakes less than $5/$10 and not beating the game to your liking, i would check the site out. If your at $1/$2, $2/$4- joining will not put a dent in your bankroll, and if you play smaller stakes, it's definitely worth the investment. Cheers, Maurice.