View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Okay, WTF is going on?????

it's also not uncommon to get feelings of cockyness and invinceability (spelling??...I suck) after a decent stretch of winning (or even a short run).

After the cockyness sets in you might be making less than ideal plays....trying to push your players off hands when they're NOT going to be folding...and using warped reasoning to call-down with borderline garbage.

Frequently, people who do this will THINK they are still playing just as strongly as they were when they were winning...and don't fully realize how many leaks have developed in their game.

I've battled with this form of tilt over and over and over....my current stretch if my worst by far though.

In short: If you see bad players with 60/10 stats in your games then it's probably not the game, it's YOU (or, at least, it's ME).

However, it is also worth noting that if you had a computer simulation for a consistent 1.5BB/100 player it wouldn't be that unusual at all for consecutive graphs such as yours to develop for such a relatively short-term period of hands.

in other words - how much you win after 50k hands can still be pretty far off your true win rate so don't read too much into the results there.

This shouldn't stop you though from fully discounting the possibility that your game might have gone backwards just a little bit. It's possible anyway.

But my voice on this seems to be in the minority...perhaps I'm just not as fondly remembering the super-maniacs who try to bluff-cap me on every street with unimproved-undercards.
I know the pots were bigger back in the day and the play was perhaps a bit looser...but I see 60/10 donks all over the place so I know the games arent THAT impossible to beat.