View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Is this the worst rap song ever?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a chinese friend who cannot speak chinese but still has a ridiculous amount of pride in his culture. He tried to make me listen to some chinese rapper, what's his name.. not Jay Chou ([censored] him too)... anyway, this song is called "learn chinese" and is undoubtedly the worst real *as in not Shaq, etc* rap song I've ever heard

[/ QUOTE ]

This song's by Jin. He won Freestyle Friday on BET's 106 & Park 7 times in a row, putting him in the FF Hall of Fame. He would rip his opponents, very clever off the top, but he's definitely lacking as a writer IMO. As far as this Eminem song, I've never heard it so I'll reserve judgment til I do. Em's last album had a couple of good tracks (I really liked "Evil Deeds" and "Rainman") but nothing he's done lately has compared to the entire Marshall Mathers LP, a hip hop classic IMO. Of course, one can definitely see some similarities in Em and Jin. If you've ever listened to some freestyles Em did before he blew up, you'll know what I'm talking about. Em can really write his ass off tho...

Edit: As far as worst rap song ever, someone should really make this a poll (I got finals but maybe after them I'll come up with some nom's) but "#1" by P. Diddy comes to mind...