View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: QQ out of position against a reraise

i personally think that you're reducing your equity by check-raising all in on the flop. Villain will never fold AA or KK to that bet and will fold AK some significant portion of the time (~30% of the time???). He may also fold JJ or TT some very small percentage of the time (~10%??), although I doubt it's that high.

Let's just say that a check-raise all-in in this spot allows him to get away from hands we have crushed almost 1/3 of the time and allows us to get crushed 100% of the time when he has AA or KK.

If we know villain will push the turn with AK when checked to, then check-calling all-in on the turn when no A or K falls is the optimal strategy, IMO. If we don't know that he will bet the turn but will check a whiffed AK to see the river, then potting the turn is best, i think.

This concept, i admit, is stolen from a tournament concept by Gigabet. When he has a hand that he doesn't mind going broke with, he plays in such a way as to keep his opponent's range as wide as possible, therefore increasing his equity. Check-raising all-in on the flop definitely narrows villain's calling range, and not necessarily in a good way.