View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: When did you quit hearing music...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don’t think 15 is young for the Doors. 15 is when you are supposed to discover the Doors and think you are the only one who understands Jim and vice versa. By 18 I hope you have moved on to other music or you will turn that guy who lives with their parents still, driving a "bitchin" car and most probably have some sort of wispy facial hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's one thing I don't believe in regarding music, it's "moving on" because you think you're smarter or slicker or more experienced. That's like saying you can't like comedy anymore because now you're into drama and have grown up a lot, or that now that you've matured you realize Disney sucks. Take things for what they are or you're being dishonest with yourself. The people who think they're "progressing" by changing the music they're listening to mostly make me laugh. Especially since they're both usually just moving from one crappy band to another and because they're often so desperate that everybody knows they're listening to "the right music" now. The music hasn't changed or gained or lost any worth. They're just trippin' on themselves and hurrying to congratulate themselves for their imagined evolving heightened state of grooviness.

I also don't think of people who listen to The Doors the way you do at all. You sound like you're speaking from very personal experience with your peculiar imagery and very narrow image of the Doors music and the "type" of person who listens to them.

I think you've give us a slice of personal biography and where your thinking is at rather than said anything cogent about either music or the Doors in that post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super! I still think the Doors suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to you. That's a clearer and better statement than all the strange personal associations you had regarding them.