View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Weird online/live dichotomy

I wish I had a better solution than calling you a ninny but I haven't had the same problem you have so I'm a little in the dark. The last 4 days I've played I've had two 100+BB loss sessions and didn't break anything. I did go and look at the worst tables during that run and see that I was playing really, really bad. Much worse than I thought during the games. I had just moved to .5/1 and had been 4 tabling which worked great when the tables are running well but not so good when one or two is hurting so I decided to only 3 table for a while. I also set some limits on how long I would stay at a table, winning or losing.

Maybe it is a matter of realizing that the losses are as much my fault as the other guy's fault? I can't change the way they play, but I can change the way I play. Maybe it is because I've got the right bank roll and am still up for the month. Maybe you should play lower limits on-line where losing 20BB isn't so frustrating and the game is fun again.

The nice thing about online playing is that you have so much private space available usually. If you find yourself making the same dumb mistakes; I was raising with 2nd pair in EP on the turn before seeing what anyone else would do, dumb almost always, make a note not to do that and stick it to your monitor or the wall or wherever you will see it a lot.