View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Flop raise with overs

First off, not providing reads on the people behind us is bad. The whole problem revolves around what they are willing to fold and how likely they are to checkraise.

This is a 4-way pot. All I see is a weakish draw facing a bet with two live players behind me. I'm not willing to go to war to try and prove that AT is the best hand.

1. My normal play would be to call and see what happens next. Folding the turn unimproved is a very live possibility depending on who does what.

2. Folding is not a bad play here. If I respected CO's bet more or if I strongly feared a checkraise I would actually do it. Without the backdoors I would fold anyway.

3. Raising is only good under exceptional circumstances. It's a commitment to invest a lot of money in a weak hand with weak outs. It probably is the way to go if you are determined to show this hand down, but usually you shouldn't want to do that. I'd be looking for a good chance to be ahead of CO plus opponents behind me who would fold pairs for two bets. These are in short supply in the 1/2 game.