View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: 200NL...I keep swearing I\'ll stop this...2 barrel bluff (or 3)

The biggest problem I have with this play is a tite player UTG. Many players will limp here with strong cards for various reasons. With a cold caller in the pot villain should have more than a limping hand to call an EP bring-in, a cold call, and being UTG. Surely AA and KK would have been heard from but QQ down to 22 could call. Your lead clearly represents either a 9 or a PP that can beat 99.

When you decide to fire the 2nd barrell I think the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] gave your cold bluff, semi-bluff or strong hand some legs. I fire again at the river. I don't see any way the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] can hurt, it can only strengthen the possibilities that villain was beat all along or you got lucky and he's beat now by a back door flush, AK, etc.

I don't see anything wrong with the play, just the timing. You should be attempting this against weak-tite players that have clearly demonstrated they will wilt as the pressure increases. Being a calling station in this situation is a sign of weakness, unless he's got the nuts, or thinks you're over-aggro enough to keep betting into a better hand, but you need better info than this before you fire that 2nd barrell.