View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:49 PM

Default 20-40 lucky chances - demand to see hand mucked on turn

Played in the 20-40 limit game at Lucky Chances last night (and had a nice run). The floor made a ruling that was surprising to me. I had AQ in the big blind. No pre-flop raise. 3 players see the flop (the button, small blind and me), which is all low cards. Checked around. Turn is an ace. Small blind bets, and I raise. button calls, and small blind re-raises. Before I can act, button says to the dealer to "protect the muck" because he wants to see my hand. In other words, even if I decide to muck right there (before the river), he wants my hand kept (face down) seperately from the muck so that he can see it after the hand. I respond that it's only the TURN, and if I decide to muck before a river showdown, he doesn't get to see my hand. Floor comes over and tells me that I am wrong - that even if I muck the turn, he has the right to see my hand after the hand is completed, and that the dealer should maintain it face down separate from the muck. I indeed muck (correctly putting the small blind on a set), button also mucks, and then the button gets to see my hand. Is this the correct ruling? Thanks.