View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: ethics - do you point this out?

[ QUOTE ]
This is very unlikely to happen in a real cardroom, as the dealer knows the hand rankings.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen it happen on several ocassions.

[ QUOTE ]
At the same time, it is your job, not mine, to know the rules of poker when you sit down to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not a case of somebody folding a full house because they thought it didn't beat a flush. It is a simple oversight that everyone (you, me and professional dealers included) is capable of making.
Also, this reeks of yet another rationalization for immoral behavior. It is the same rationalization that con artists, card mechanics and other card cheats use to rationalize their behavior; "It's the sucker's fault for being such a sucker."

[ QUOTE ]
And you are right there is no ethical dilemma here, but that doesn't mean that there is no dilemma on which choice to make given the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think it is an easy decision. You might think it's hard for a second or two beacuse it would be so easy to do the wrong thing. But if you think about it for 3 seconds or more, you'd realize that it is just as easy to do the right thing.