View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: KK vs a TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't check the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

jd - Do you suggest bet/fold or bet/call on the turn? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I woudl bet/call here. There is no reason to think villain has a Jack (he would have called the 3-bet on the flop and raised a turn bet by hero). More likely a flush draw trying to get a cheap turn in position/medium PP (10's?) charging overcards. I would put villain on AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if hero did'nt have the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in his hands. AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if villain didn't fold to the river bet. As it stands, it seems like villain 3 bet pre-flop with AT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (not quite the TAG he is made out to be...) or maybe pocket 8's/9's/10's.

If villain calls the 3 bet on flop and then raises me on turn I may consider folding this, but would prolly still see showdown (c/c) - and I expect to see AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AJ - so I'm winning half of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think putting in 3BB between the turn and river is too much unless you have a retardedly crazy read on villain. You capped preflop, 3-bet the flop, and you think he's raising ATc or AQc when you lead the turn?

Rob