View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: I had the ace of hearts and the king of clubs in this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
value will often be check-call, check-call, bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck. I agree that the turn check-raise is bad, but this line is way too passive. Few players release kings to a flop raise, so the flop raise is almost mandatory. This is doubly true in this hand, where there is a 3rd player in the pot who must not be allowed to draw cheap.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

My only point is that this sort of situation is EXTREMELY dependent on your opponent. If he is generally fearful of you or afraid you're making moves, get a bit more aggressive with him. If he'll cap AQ here, definitely get more aggressive. If he's tight-weak or will find a fold with KK, play more passively.

I know that personally in this type of situation I'm never putting in more than 3 BB total on the post-flop streets with KK, and would very likely be able to find a fold to a turn check-raise with that hand.

This sort of situation is very subtle in my opinion. I can think of a ton of different lines that are good against a ton of different players. I think check-calling the flop and leading the turn is viable. I think donking every street is viable. I think sometimes c/c, c/c, b/c is viable. And sometimes you just want to juice the pot.

Playing this sort of hand too aggressively against some may be costing money, just as playing too passively against some might be. It's our job to know what line our opponent demands.