View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Defending the blind

[ QUOTE ]
i'd call PF, c/c flop and turn. then i'd either b/f or c/c river, not sure.

the way you played it, i feel ok about folding to the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking -- and recall that my thinking is influenced quite a bit by my live play. Also my live play is in games that are fairly aggressive:

Preflop -- Opening on the button, he can be raising with almost any two and my QTs is best at least half the time.

Flop -- When he calls my check-raise on the flop, I felt pretty certain that I was good. In my brief tenure at small stakes short-handed, most players three-bet many hands that beat me here. The only hands that don't three bet me are hands I can beat and real monsters -- mostly big Aces in this case.

Turn: Wow. He raised me. So I give a litte more weight to the monster theory. Also, I know that if I call here I will be c/c on the river as well -- so its 2BB to win 9BB (4.5:1). How often would a player make a move here with a hand I beat? At least 20% of the time? Playing live, the answer is certainly yes, more than 20% of the time.

In a full ring game, I would certainly have given an unknown more credit for an Ace. Did I over-adjust my game to short-handed play?