View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: 10-10 - 4 players left in 180 on PS

Here's what I see the reraiser thinking...

"OOhhh...pocket 4's and he just did another min. raise - I've got about 12 times the BB, and he does that a lot -

I'm gonna push to get it heads up and everyone will probably fold and I'll have it heads up in a spot where it's probably a coin flip.

=============================

here's the problem....

I've seen so many pushes in spots like this with JT suited, A4 offsuit - I know personally, if I got a guy doing a lot of min-raising, I may go after him once or twice (like if he does it 3 times in a row) with an all-in no matter what my cards are if I think I can get him to fold to re-raises.

I can't put him on a hand except that I will say I doubt it's anything that dominates you - I could see a coinflip, most likely, he could and would push with any pp if he thought he could get the chip leader to fold and if not, he figures he's 50/50. I WILL say I really doubt he was raising intending for you to call - LOL

I'd have to have a read on your reraiser and I'd probably lay it down if it was a good one - but you've got less then 10 times the BB and are the shortstack - so I'd call probably and pray.

I doubt I'd worry about the CL - he sees two short stacks going at it and if he had any sort of a steal going on, he'll drop it.

and since you're posting this, I can only assume you lost.

BTW, this reminds me a lot of Julian Gardner's fold at the WSOP with Varkoni and ? Vadedi? - was he the other guy? - Julien had 10's, Amir had a big PP, and Varkoni had AA - Julien laid it down when the big boys went at it and moved up a step for it.

RB