Thread: Diablo banned
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Diablo banned

I think you could make a reasonable case that one of the primary focuses of OOT has been about people's lives outside of the forum. Thus just posting about someone's personal life should should not be reason to ban unless the intent is obviously mean spirited in nature.

I think there needs to be a judgement made about content and intent. Now no one would argue that a poster should be banned for posting something like I hear [censored] and wacki have become friends outside of 2+2 or something similar. Also things like so and so got really drunk and did x stupid thing has never been a problem.

On the other hand posting something like I hear "evan and bigsteve" are butt buddies would obviously be way out of line and deserving of a ban.

This is where intent comes in. El Diablo's post wasn't Jason and Mslif are [censored] or some other lewd question. It was simply stating that there was a rumor of them dating. This is where intent comes in. I think its clear El Diablo didnt have any malicious intent.

They could easily ignore said post without any harm or embarrassment coming to them or choose to respond. Or if it was a problem for some reason either could ask a mod to delete or lock the thread as was done in the other instance.

Also I have never nor will I ever believe that all posters should be treated equally. Instead I believe 2+2 should be moderated with a caste system that treats the quality posters better than it treats others. It just makes good sense to me.