View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: 22s: TPTK spot makes me vomit

I pushed and got shown a set of 3s.

His line from SB seemed odd to me. On the flop, he risked it getting checked around with 2 to a flush on the board, and if I hadn't bet it would've been. Then, when I do bet, he smoothcalls and lets another guy in behind.

His weak lead at the pot is the strangest part of the hand. If I had the nut flush draw, I (or LP checkcaller) would be getting the 4 to 1 apparent odds I needed to call his 500 to possibly win a pot of 2200.... I had not made any really aggressive plays at the table so he couldn't depend on me being an overaggressive donk and betting the turn for him, which is the only way I suppose a weak lead on a blank turn makes sense here. The other explanation for his weak lead was that he was pricing his own draw in. If he did have a pair + flush draw, and I did just call, he would've gotten to the river at a +EV price. The goofy betting pattern, my estimation of my own table image, and the fact that I didn't want to give hands I was slightly ahead of a cheap river led me to push....

Anyway, the whole hand left me feeling completely pwned. Next time I'll raise preflop and play it from there.