View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Viet Nam: Some help for a paper please

[ QUOTE ]
Allow me to clarify. By anti-war I meant vocally, loudly lambasting our nation and our leaders decisions through editorials, rallies, protests, etc.

Who I would consider the smartest marine friend of mine in fact believes that going into Iraq was the wrong decision. However they have all stated that over in Iraq, morale is dampened or outright crushed everytime these demonstrations, particularly the vitriolic ones (most are), reach their news waves. One told me that "that stuff is killing our guys over their." It isn't their decision on when to come home or not. In fact, most of them want to be their, especially the marines.

I even personally disagree with the decision to enter Iraq. I feel as though Bush has blown the chance of a life time to push through a revolutionary conservative agenda (ownership society, retirement reform) and has instead driven popular opinion away from his administration and its ability to push through such acts.

But you won't find me on a pulpit sponsored by communist fronts blaring hate speech through a bullhorn. That's more along the lines of what I meant by "anti-war".

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate speech, no matter what the cause, is never the solution. You are right.