View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Correct Flop raise?

With 3 callers? You want as much money into the pot on the flop as possible. Yes, 3-bet. Even if we assume that one of the opponents already has a set and that you only have 8 outs, you are getting 2.2-to-1 that you'll make your flush by the river. You also have overcard and backdoor straight draw outs, but they may not be clean. With just the 2.2-to-1 odds though, with 3 callers you want to get them putting as much money in as you can.

If you don't get a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn, slow down, since you're now only getting 5.6-to-1 (assuming 7 outs, since there are now 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s that would pair the board). You might also slow down with the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if you're pretty certain one of your opponents already has a set.

Another reason for check-raising the flop is that it increases your odds of getting a free card if you miss. Although, after the fact, based on the way UTG+2 played the flop I'm guessing you're not getting a free card on this turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Also if the turn was a (non-heart) K or Q should I bet/raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather see the river cheaply. They give you outs towards a straight, but even if you hit your straight, someone may have a higher straight than you or you may have to split the pot with another J.