View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Another KQs hand (with a big stack) - How’s my line?

[ QUOTE ]
I think a good % of the time, villain (who raised really small preflop) will bet small enough to let himself off on the river here, so I don't like open pushing, as it just costs you money from hands that will bet/fold, and also costs you money from hands that will call your push but push into you when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also do not play at Bay101. Just a few hands earlier, I busted a medium stack with a flopped set. There were 3 limpers ahead of me and I decided to limp pockets nines on the button. SB completes and BB checks.

Flop comes Ace, 9, 6 rainbow. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Checked around to me and I bet half the pot as if I'm stealing. Everyone folds except BB.

Turn is another rag. BB checks, I pot and BB pushes. I insta call and he turns over pocket 3's. He was drawing dead, no flush, no straight...he couldn't even beat the board. I guess he put me on air, so maybe my table image wasn't what I thought.

But I digress. With 50 players still in, these guys have plenty of gamble and seldom will give up bottom pair, let alone pocket Aces.

He might have had a missed AK/AQ, so I also would have been happy with taking the pot on the flop uncontested. Maybe that's a leak too.

Thanks, John