View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: common situation

Compared to a flop check/raise, your line gets more money in, and more of it goes in when your equity is much better against his range. Even if he can get away from the no pair hands on the turn, you still net more compared to the check-raise/bet line if his plan is to fold overs.

Here's a thought and I'm not sure if it warrants discussion. If you check-raise the flop and lead the turn, he's getting 6.75-1 to call (ignoring rake.) If he has 6 outs, he should call since his odds of winning are 6.66-1. It's real thin and if he discounts at all he's done. If you call the flop and check-raise the turn, he's getting 7.75-1 to call. Now, it's an easy call if he thinks his 6 outs are good, and a lot closer if he discounts 1 out. By FTP, he should see a river in both situations (ignoring the FTP errors he already may have made,) but the second instance is much easier, and the first instance may be incorrect when rake is considered. This is important since your line may induce a correct turn call and lose the whole pot some of the time.

And after saying all that, I like your line and use it a lot against players who have been floating on me liberally and are unlikely to take free cards.