View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: What am I doing with these aces??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how I feel about the flop check - it seems like this is one of those situations where you know you're going to call a bet anyway, so why not bet out? A lot of hands you're beating will call you here. If you bet, UTG raises, and then someone else calls/re-raises, you can be pretty confident you're behind too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more likely scenario: I bet, villain raises, someone coldcalls... Now where am I? Am I really going to check-fold the turn because of the coldcall?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm saying - the coldcall followed by any aggression on later streets means business in my book. If you're UI on the turn, you can check/call as long it's one back to you, and you can fold pretty confidently if it's two. This may cost you an extra bet if you're behind, but you stand to win a much larger pot if you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that different from him calling one bet and waking up on the turn? I don't think I win a much larger pot when I'm ahead because the coldcaller only has such a small range of hands if he's coldcalling the flop.