View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Why do we post on 2+2?

I can't imagine that, out of the millions of people who play poker online, a significant percentage of players are reading this forum. Even the players who are probably aren't maximizing their potential.

I have two friends who play online both of whom I've told more than once how valuable this forum is. Neither one, to the best of my knowledge, has even once taken my advice to come here and read the postings. These are guys who play regularly and spend money on poker books. They're reasonably competent, but will never get to the next level.

I think a significant portion of even twoplustow readers fall into the category of my two friends. They like watching tournaments on TV, and have a basic understanding of the game, but simply aren't willing to put the necessary work to take their game to the next level. They'll donk around the low-levels for a couple of years, just barely breaking even, then find a new hobby.

And then there's readers like me who are willing to take the next step, but probably won't ever play beyond mid to low buy-in levels because of time constraints and a lack of raw skill. We may be able to beat the clueless and barely competent, but will never be a threat to people who live and breathe this stuff.

Long story short, I think that the highly skilled posters here have very little to fear from revealing their secrets. For every one forum reader who eventually reaches their level, thousands of us will only improve marginally.

That said, I'm grateful that so many experience and highly skilled players are willing to share their knowlege. I've learned a heck of a lot from 2+2.