Thread: Mucking AK
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Mucking AK

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all a hand came up on fulltilt, that I cant really convert yet but its pretty simple.

I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button with 1 limper before me and I raise to 5 at a .5/1 table Everyone at the table is unfamilar but fulltilt is a pretty tight site during the weekdays some decent players. I get called by the limper when the flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me I bet about 3/4 the pot and get called. On the turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I am checked to and bet about half the pot and get checkraised I think dumping AK is too weak so I call the turn and A pot sized river bet for a set of 8s. I feel like hitting AK then dumping it is very hard to do but is it the right play when all ur chips at stake to just dump it in faced of a turn raise? No way of knowing a set and I seem to always be up against a set when I am raised. I quit fulltilt because of too many beats I just cant trust it heading back to party but any advice on playing an ak is appreciatewd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing AK on party will be much easier. FTP is rigged, for sure. They want you to hit tptk with AK and will often allow someone else to hit a set at the same time to increase their rake. You can trust your friends at party not to do this. All in with AK on party, enough said.